The particle therapy market comprises several stakeholders such as particle therapy product manufacturers, suppliers and distributors, healthcare service providers, and research institutes. The demand side of this market is characterized by the increasing awareness about minimally invasive cancer treatment options and the global rise in the prevalence of cancer.
According to the new market research report by MarketsandMarkets, the global particle therapy market is projected to reach USD 1,004 million by 2027 from USD 677 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2022 to 2027
Download PDF Brochure@ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=12809137
Growth in the particle therapy market is primarily driven by factors such as the various advantages offered by particle therapy over photon therapy, growing global prevalence of cancer, increasing adoption of particle therapy in clinical trials, and the increasing number of particle therapy centers worldwide.
What Drives the Market?
1. Advantages Offered By Particle Therapy Over Photon Therapy
2. Growing Global Prevalence of Cancer
4. Growing Adoption of Particle Therapy in Clinical Trials
5. Increasing Number of Particle Therapy Centers Worldwide
The study involved four major activities to estimate the current market size for particle therapy. Exhaustive secondary research was done to collect information on the market and its different subsegments. The next step was to validate these findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts across the value chain through primary research.
Synchrotrons are used to accelerate both protons and heavy ions such as carbon and hydrogen. The growth of the synchrotrons segment is attributed to factors such as the increasing number of research activities as well as the increasing investments in the development of synchrotron facilities.
The introduction of small footprint single-room particle therapy centers is further promoting the adoption of proton therapy for the treatment of cancer in small-scale hospitals. Factors driving the growth of the treatment applications segment include the growing number of cancer patients globally, increasing government initiatives (aimed at equipping or upgrading hospitals with newer and advanced Radiotherapy systems), and the increasing availability of funding for the adoption of advanced cancer treatment technologies.
The geographical regions mapped in the report are:
1. North America
3. Asia-Pacific (APAC)
4. Rest of the World
The Asia Pacific is one of the major revenue generating regions in the particle therapy market. China and Japan are the major countries responsible for the high growth of this regional market owing to factors such as the increasing per capita income, improving healthcare infrastructure, and supportive government activities in these emerging countries.
Some key players mentioned in the research report are:
Key players in this particle therapy market include Ion Beam Applications SA (Belgium), Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (US), and Hitachi, Ltd. (Japan) are the major players operating in the particle therapy market. Other players in this market include Provision Healthcare (US), Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. (US), Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan), Optivus Proton Therapy, Inc. (US), ProTom International, Inc. (US), Advanced Oncotherapy Plc. (UK), and Danfysik A/S (Denmark).
Recent Developments :
· In May 2020, BioIVT (US) introduced high-purity Kupffer cells to its portfolio of human primary hepatic cells to support liver disease drug discovery and development.
· In January 2020, Charles River Laboratories acquired HemaCare Corporation. This acquisition will aid in expanding Charles River’s scientific capabilities in the high-growth cell therapy sector.
· In September 2018, Sekisui XenoTech, LLC. (US) added monkey and rodent hepatocytes to its patented CryostaX product line.
Key questions addressed by the report :
· What are the growth opportunities related to the adoption of heavy ion therapy across major regions in the future?
· Emerging countries have immense opportunities for the growth and adoption of particle therapy. Will this scenario continue in the next five years?
· Where will all the advancements in products offered by various companies take the industry in the mid- to long-term?
· What are the various cancer types wherein particle therapy finds a high adoption rate?
· What are the new trends and advancements in the particle therapy market?
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth emerging opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies' revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their pain-points around revenues decisions.